I hold the key to YOUR home. Tengo la llave de SU casa.
Certified Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource (SFR)
Graduate, REALTOR Institute (GRI)
With fourteen years in the real estate industry and a reputation for placing clients’ needs, goals and objectives at the forefront of every transaction, Maria Pena-Graham provides communication, negotiation and management skills in combination with in-depth knowledge of the DeKalb/Sycamore area neighborhoods and real estate market. Earning a place in DeKalb as one of the highly respected real estate professionals, Maria specializes in the sale and purchase of residential properties in DeKalb, Sycamore, Cortland and surrounding communities. Maria leads the way with her personal qualities, professional strengths and skills.
“Maria provides stellar service to our growing community and is the premier bi-lingual agent in our local marketplace. Maria truly cares for each of her clients while maintaining the highest of professional and ethical standards. We are proud to have her on our team,” said Laura Boyer, Managing Broker of Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell in Sycamore.
Maria’s “Client First” mentality is proven true while bringing to the buyers and sellers of DeKalb area properties the same level of service, dedication and respect for which she was revered during her 12 years as a paralegal. She is known for her patience, listening skills, caring and understanding approach to her clients’ needs. Maris is praised for client satisfaction and effectiveness as counselor, facilitator and liaison – from property search or listing, through market analysis, to negotiations, and closing and Maria graciously continues to serve her clients beyond the closing.
“Knowledge of the local market, belonging to a professional network of experts surrounding the transaction and continual professional development is key to providing top value to every single one of my clients,” says Maria.
On her off time, Maria enjoys spending time with her son, Matteo, and husband, Rob, in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Balancing work and family time is a challenging and rewarding goal for Maria. She strives to be there for her clients at all times while, at the same time, instilling the importance of family to her son and clients.
From Maria’s long list of awards, credentials, and experience, it’s obvious why buyers and sellers choose Maria as their trusted Realtor.
- Undergraduate degree from NIU in Liberal Studies with emphasis in English/Spanish
- Over 10 years experience as a legal assistant/paralegal at local law firms
- Illinois Association of Realtors & National Association of Realtors
- Continuing Education in Real Estate
- Graduate of Real Estate Institute
- Member, Certified Residential Specialist
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Certified
- Broker Associate – Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell in Sycamore, Illinois
- DeKalb Area Association of Realtors, Board Member, 2 years
- Governor, Graduate of Real Estate Institute, 3 years
- Conexion Comunidad, Past President
- St. Mary Home & School Treasurer, 2 years
- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 1 year
- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, Public Policy Committee Member, 1 year
- 2014 - Quality Service Pinnacle Producer
- 2013 - Masters Ruby
- 2013 - Quality Service Pinnacle Producer
- 2012 - Quality Service Pinnacle Producer
- 2011 - Quality Service Producer
- 2009 - Quality Service Producer
- 2007 - Masters Ruby Award
- 2006 - Masters Ruby Award
- 2005 - Masters Emerald Award